Norton antivirus along with outstanding features and security tools comes with some technical errors in which Norton Error 3040 is one of them. In this guide, we will discuss the sign and resolution of this error code.
Signs of Error 3040:
• When your PC crashes when you’re running Norton Internet Security
• When your PC hangs or locks up at random
• If Norton Internet Security 3040 pops-up and causes a program to shut down or your PC to crash
• Your PC is running slow, taking a long time to start-up, and you suspect Error 3040 by Norton Internet Security is the cause
Resolution of Norton 3040:
Well, you can resolve this error by just calling on Norton UK Support Help Center Service for instant and reliable help. The technicians are available all the time to help you in any manner they can.
1. Uninstall and Reinstall Norton
• Click on ‘Start Menu’ and click ‘Program and Features’
• Find the software linked to *insert file name*
• Click on Uninstall/change and the uninstaller will give you instructions
• Click on ‘Okay’ and ‘next’ unless it is finish
• Restart your PC and reinstall the software and run the program
2.Remove Registry Entry linked to Error 3040
• Create a backup of registry files and click on ‘Start’
• Type regedit and choose it, and grant the permission to proceed
• Click on HKEY LOCAL MACHINE>>SOFTWARE>>Microsoft>>Windows>>Current Version>>Uninstall
• Find the Norton Error 3040 software from the list which you want to uninstall
• Choose the software and double-click on the UninstallString icon on the right side
• Copy the highlighted text and exit and go to the search field
• Enter/paste the data and choose Okay to uninstall the program
• Reinstall the Software
When you are done with these steps, then you’ll not receive this error code on your screen. Follow these steps carefully to avoid glitches.