Norton Antivirus is the best security software to provide excellent protection against viruses, threats, and other malware. This security software is known for its security tools and features to provide comprehensive protection to your device. It sometimes gets you stuck due to an error code 3048, 3 and because of this error, Norton stops protecting your device. In this post, we will discuss the exact causes and resolution steps to fix this error on your own.
Temporary Update Server Issue- If you have only seen this error only one time or two times then, you might be dealing with a temporary issue beyond your control. Basically, these issues will fix by themselves in some time. In this case, it is best to keep trying the LiveUpdate application from time to time unless the update is installed successfully.
The AutoUpdate Feature isn’t Working- Another possible cause of this error is the temporary faulty of the AutoUpdate feature. In these cases, the official Norton documentation suggests that you use the LiveUpdate function to bring your definitions up to date
Damaged and Corrupted installation- The issue can also come because some files from the Norton installation are missing or gets damaged accidentally. Various users in a similar situation have reported that they managed to fix the issue by using the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool to get the problem fixed.
• Repair the catalogue entries linked with this error
• Allows your device to scan itself for any virus or malware
• Clean up your system and your drive by discarding all junk
• Upgrade the system
• Undo the recent system changes by using Windows System restore
• Uninstall the Norton antivirus and re-install it again
• Run the windows for checking that error is resolved or not
• Install all new windows updates which the system is suggesting for you by your device
When you are done with the resolution steps then, this error should now be fixed. If the issue still persists then call on Norton customer service contact number UK to get instant help from the technicians regarding the resolution.