Norton antivirus is the best security software to provide excellent protection against viruses, malware, and threats. This antivirus software comes with some serious technical errors due to which Norton stops working on your device. Follow the below-given steps to fix this error on your own.
1. First of all, repair registry entries with Error Code 3042 1
2. Now, conduct a complete malware scan of your computer
3. Clean the system’s junks from your computer because
The computer generally collects files from Internet Surfing or PC usages. If these junks do not clean out from your system then it might cause your computer in the problem. Follow the steps to clean the system’s junk.
• Go to the “Command prompt” window by clicking on the below-left taskbar option stated as “Start”
• Clean your PC by typing the “Disk Cleanup” using cleanmgr on the command prompt window and then click on the ‘Enter’ key
4. Occasionally update the computer device drivers
Mostly outdated PC device drivers or damaged PC device drivers might lead your PC to show the Norton error 3042 1. Hence, t is advisable to update your computer device drivers on a daily basis.
5. Uninstall/Reinstall Norton linked with Error code 3042 1:
• Click on “Control Panel” on the right-hand side menu
• Click on Programs and Features
• Try to find the “Norton Error Code 3042 1 linked program like Norton antivirus under the “Name Column”
• Click on Norton Antivirus-linked entry or you can call on Norton UK Helpline Toll Free Service to get in touch with the technical team for instant help regarding this
• Click on “Uninstall option” appears on the top menu
• Follow on-screen prompts to conduct the Un-installation of Norton Error 3042 1- linked program
By following these simple steps you can easily fix Norton Error code on your own. Follow the steps very carefully to avoid any glitches and keep your device fully charged.