Norton antivirus is the best antivirus software that comes with excellent security tools and features to provide excellent protection to your device. It comes with an irritating error 1706 due to which Norton stops working on your device and therefore your device goes under danger. You can call on Norton Contact Support Number UK for instant help regarding the resolution.
Causes of 1706
There can be various reasons for this error code and one of which is system file damage. Corrupted system file entries can be a real threat to the well being of your PC. System file errors can occur in multiple ways. Incomplete installation or uninstall, inappropriate deletion of hardware or applications. It also can be caused if your PC is recovered from an adware/spyware or virus attack or by an incorrect shutdown of the PC. All the above-given actives might result in the deletion or damage of the entries in the Windows system files. This damaged system file will lead to incorrectly and missing linked detail and information and files required for the proper working of the application.
• Firstly, repair all the registry entries linked to the error code 1706
• Perform malware scan on your device to delete malware
• Now, you need to clean the junk files using the Disk Cleanup tool “cleanmgr”. These junk files might be the reason behind the error code
• Check the device drivers on your PC and Update it
• You can try to “Undo” the current system changes using Windows System Restore
• Now, uninstall the Symantec antivirus for error-free re-installation on the device
• After complete uninstallation, you can move to reinstall the Symantec antivirus program • Then, open and run the Windows System file checker (“sfc/scannow”)
• Check the available Windows Updates and install
• Now, you can conduct the clean installation of Windows
Follow the above-given steps to resolve the error on your own. Make sure that you are using a strong and stable internet connection.