Norton comes with excellent features and security tools to provide comprehensive protection against viruses, threats, and other malware. This antivirus software comes with error 8505 due to which it stops protecting your device. Here’s the exact step to fix this error code on your own.
Method 1- Close Conflicting Programs
• Click on Ctrl + Alt + Del simultaneously to open task manager to see the currently running program list
• Go to the Processes tab and stop the programs by highlighting every program and click on the End Process option
• Here, review if the error message will reoccur every time you stop a process
• When you get to recognize that the program is causing the error then, just reinstall the app which is causing this issue
• After that, update your Virus Protection or download and install the latest Windows Update
Method 2- Update Virus Infection
Virus infection causing runtime error on your PC must quickly be prevented, removed or quarantined. Update your virus program then run a thorough scan of PC or install the Windows Updates. Call on Norton Antivirus help Number UK to contact the technical expert for instant help regarding resolution.
Method 3- Reinstall Runtime Libraries
Uninstall the package just by going to Programs and Features and highlight the Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable package
1. Reboot your device
• Firstly, stop all the programs and restart your device
• If the error still persists, check for admittance in the device Network proxy settings
2. Check Network Proxy Settings
• Download Norton Power Eraser and Save the downloaded file on the device
• Now, double-click on it and click Yes if the User Account Control windows pop-ups
• Read the license agreement and click on Accept
• Now, click on the advanced option and go to the Unwanted Application scan and then, Scan Now button
• The results are displayed in the Undesirable Apps Scan finish window
• When Norton Power Eraser completed the scan, in the undesirable Apps, Scan the Complete window, click on Uninstall
• Restart your device when the uninstall gets completed
• If the problem still persists then, look for the undesirable toolbars which are commonly rushed with particular free programs you may have installed on the system
• Click on OK and click on Apply option and then click on Ok
3. Download and run Norton Power Eraser
• Download Norton Power Eraser and save the downloaded file
• Double-click on the NPE.exe file for running Norton Eraser and call on Norton Customer Support Number to get instant help.
• Click on Yes, if the User Account Control window and click on Advanced options icon
• Now, click on the Advanced Options icon in the Norton Eraser Window
• Click on the Scan Now in the advanced window when Norton Power Eraser completes the scan
• Click on Uninstall in the Unwanted Apps Scan Finish window
• Restart the system once the uninstall completes
When you are done with the above-given steps then, you can now use Norton antivirus.